fbpx

Reply: Booking PMP exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Booking PMP exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 11 months ago #27047

Sharon S

Don't worry about how you did on the mock exam. What's important is did you understand the right and wrong answer. I took all 4 mock exams. I went through each exam for 3-4 days. I went through and looked at why each answer was right and why each each was wrong. I started a second review of each exam (I only had time to review 2). During the second review, I covered up the answers by simply holding a piece of paper up to cover the screen. Then I tried to answer the question by understanding the concept. Then I would look at the answer but not the explanation yet. Going through each of the choices I explained to myself out loud why an answer was right and why an answer was wrong. Then I'd look at the explanation of the answers.

When you review the exam the first time don't go too fast and say yea that's right and yea that's wrong. You have to understand and be able to explain to yourself out loud why and answer is right or wrong without looking at the explanation. You will never "be ready" until you book the exam. You need to book the exam. That will push you to study more to be ready because now there's no choice. I was planning on taking the exam in late April. That's how I scheduled my study plan. Then my boss said I need to pass by31 Mar so I scheduled my exam on 31 Mar. I didn't think I was going to be ready because my study schedule had me taking the exam in April. I had to accelerate my studying. I at that point had 6 weeks before 31 Mar. I did what I recommended. Ready or not I took the exam. I passed AT/AT/AT. I don't think people really feel "ready." If you can go through and explain the concept to yourself repeatedly you'll be more prepared. I know people who didn't take the mock exams for score. They just hit end exam and studied the exam. They passed the real exam. See so it's more important to understand the concept. My mock scores were 60, 75, 71,69.
2 years 11 months ago #27033

PMP Aspirant

Deepa,
Based on my research around the mock exam test scores, as long as if the average of the 4 exams comes out to be above 70% the chances of passing the actual exams are very high. I personally know couple of folks who passed the exam with average mock exam scores in the range of 68-75%.
If I were you, I would feel confident in taking the exam but only you can decide for yourself. Good luck!
2 years 11 months ago #27031

Harry Elston

Deepa,

Only you can decide when you are ready. I would ask the following questions:

1. Have you been through ALL the simulator questions? (Not just tests and quizzes - but all of the questions)
2. Of the ones that you got wrong, do you understand why you got them wrong?

If not, I strongly recommend going through all of the simulator questions. By doing so, you will gain a better understanding of how questions are worded for the real exam.

Best,

Harry
2 years 11 months ago #27030

Deepa Sundaram

I am using Rita 10th edition, agile practice guide and PrepCast simulator. I took 4 tests in Prepcast and my scores : 57%,75%, 74.5%,73.8% respectively.
Havent booked the exam yet. Does this scores enough to show that I am ready to book the exam for May or I need to score around 80% to book exams.
Any advice /info will be helpful.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login