fbpx

Reply: Questions about taking exam online

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Questions about taking exam online

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 11 months ago #27049

Sharon S

I recommend taking the exam at the test center. I contacted PMI and asked about the requirements since I too had a room much like a storage locker. They said cover everything up. I was able to use my daughter's room instead. There were still issues (it took 20 minutes to get a hold of the proctor when I had a question about how to stop the clock for break and then the second proctor's computer didn't have visual so they stopped the timer on my test. This threw me off track and I lost focus. I didn't pass the first time. The second time I took the test at the test center. It was much better. No issues with their computers. Very quiet place. I highly recommend going to the test center. You should contact PMI and ask your questions about Mac computers and the room before your exam date. The real exam was mostly agile and hybrid. Each question was a blend of the three domains.
2 years 11 months ago #26961

JD

Hi. I plan to take the PMP exam from home. But I had some questions maybe you guys could help out with.
1. I've been using my macbook for all studying and prepcast quizzes and tests. It's worked well. It has touchpad, no mouse. I took the full prepcast exam on my son's pc desktop yesterday because it's in an office I can close the door to. And I figured their software is probably better on a pc. Only issue is, the super widescreen monitor. I had to shrink the quiz window down because the sentences were so long that my eyes had to move to far side to side and it bothered me. If I take the real exam on that monitor will I have the same issue?
2. Related to 1. Is macbook good enough to take exam? Without a mouse? Is the software stable enough and will the trackpad be an issue? I probably won't use highlight or striketrough. I don't use them now and have no issues.
3. The office is a room we throw all our junk in. By the computer desk if fine, but the rest of the room looks like a horder lives there. Will they have an issue with that? It's basically a bed with tons of stuffed animals, blankets, and junk. Not really papers or anything.
4. I'm getting 73% or higher on all my quizzes. I got 74.44% on Exam 1 AT/T/T. Will take Exam 2 over next couple days. If I get same scores or better I plan to take the real exam within the week. Is this too risky or I'm most likely ready?
5. Exam 1 seemed mostly Agile, with very few core questions I have seen on other tests and prep. Also majority of non-agile questions were Initiating and Closing processes. Wondering if real exam is similar or I just hit a patch of questions like that.

Thanks to anyone that can help. I'm really excited to take the exam and I really want to do it soon as I have time this week to do it because I took off. Also, I actually enjoy the content and questions. I'm a PM but never had formal training. I'm trying to institute all this knowledge into my daily work and look forward to improving myself and my team.

Happy Easter!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login