fbpx

Reply: Project Charter always needed for both predictive and agile, right?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Project Charter always needed for both predictive and agile, right?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 days ago #26856

Sharon S

Please provide your reference.
3 years 4 days ago #26855

Markus Kopko

Sharon S wrote: My understanding is that a project charter is always needed. It does not matter if your project is predictive or agile . Is that correct? If an agile project does not require a formal project charter, please provide a reference.

You are correct, at least in terms of the PMP Exam and the "PMIs View" on Project Management.

In agile approaches the Artifact might not be called "Project Charter" but "Project Overview" or whatever, nevertheless there should be some kind of formal document that states the project vision and mission and that justifies the authorization of the project and the PM.

Regards,

Markus
3 years 4 days ago #26854

Markus Kopko

Kyle Aagenes wrote: "While the absence of a well-written Project Charter would lead to unnecessary downstream difficulties, it would not initially affect the launch of the execution process of a project. "

www.pmi.org/learning/library/agile-pmbok...anagement-scrum-6954

Great Resource, thanks.
But, since this is from 2008, I think it should be urgently updated to reflect the evolvement since then ...
3 years 6 days ago #26800

Kyle Aagenes

"While the absence of a well-written Project Charter would lead to unnecessary downstream difficulties, it would not initially affect the launch of the execution process of a project. "

www.pmi.org/learning/library/agile-pmbok...anagement-scrum-6954
3 years 6 days ago #26796

Sharon S

My understanding is that a project charter is always needed. It does not matter if your project is predictive or agile . Is that correct? If an agile project does not require a formal project charter, please provide a reference.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login