fbpx

Reply: Low score in Prepcast mock

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Low score in Prepcast mock

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 days ago #26823

PMP Aspirant

Hi Deepa,
Its strange that your quiz and mock exam scores came out to be quite a bit apart. I can share my experience that my average score across last 10 quizzes was 64% and in my first mock exam I scored 67%.
Make sure that you are not rushing thru the questions in the exam and are paying close attention to the keywords hidden inside the questions that help in finding the best answers from the given option choices.
One thing that I noticed in my mock exam is that it had lot of tailoring/hybrid questions which are turned out to be the area where I made the most mistakes. May be because the quizzes that I had taken before I took the exam didn't have lot of hybrid questions so I ended up doing below average on those questions. I would recommend that you should analyze your performance on the exam and find out your areas of improvement where you have scored low. Good luck!
3 years 5 days ago #26817

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi,

I understand your disappointment. But it is common at your first attempt to a full exam.
My first suggestion would be to try to understand the reason for your score: was it a time management problem? If this is the case, I'd recommend not to spend too much time on a single question until you decide which is the correct answer; sometimes it helped me to mark it and go back to that later: surprisingly, after a while I was able to get a new perspective and found the correct option much quicker.
If your performance got worse as you moved on in the exam, it may suggest you got tired and lost focus. At the beginning, I had a similar experience while practicing full exams in the afternoon: after experimenting a bit, I found the best time of the day to practice without getting too tired in the middle of the exam

I highly recommend to review all the questions: besides those answered incorrectly, I also learned a lot from those I answered correctly but were not sure about it. Try to spend more time on the areas you performed poorer, to be sure you understand the explanations provided.
Don't get discouraged: I'm sure practice will help!

Gabriella
3 years 1 week ago #26769

Deepa Sundaram

Did my PMBOK, rita and started the prep cast quizzes and my first attempt average score was 64%. Then I started reading all the quiz questions and right/wrong answers and started doing 30/40 set questions and getting around 80%. Today I attempted my first prep cast mock exam and got 57%.
Need some suggestions /ideas/plan i should do to gain knowledge and increase my scores.
Thanks for your time and any info will be really helpful.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login