fbpx

Reply: Reduced team: change schedule baseline and scope or new roadmap and meetschedule

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Reduced team: change schedule baseline and scope or new roadmap and meetschedule

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 1 week ago #26776

Sharon S

Thank you. That makes sense.

If in execution write a C/R
On one question the answer was to submit a C/R to change the schedule baseline and or scope since with fewer people they would not be able to finish the project on time.

If in Planning re-do roadmap
Another question had the same scenario of reducing the team but the correct answer was to have the stakeholders re-do the roadmap and re prioritize features so that the team can finish on time.
3 years 1 week ago #26710

Kyle Aagenes

Don't "develop schedule", "plan risk responses", and "plan procurement management" in the Planning stage produce change requests as outputs?
3 years 1 week ago #26706

Joe Pang

Hello Sharon,

Sorry, I may not have a straight answer for you, because it is hard for us to give you an explanation without the full context of the exam questions.

Two things I can advise, however:
1. When PMI is designing the exam questions, they want you to pick the best answer out of the 4 choices.
2. Pay attention to what stage the project is in. For instance, you don't need a CR if the project is still in the planning stage.
3 years 2 weeks ago #26692

Sharon S

When your team gets reduced by losing people, I saw two different responses on two different questions How can I tell when to do what?

On one question the answer was to submit a C/R to change the schedule baseline and or scope since with fewer people they would not be able to finish the project on time.

Another question had the same scenario of reducing the team but the correct answer was to have the stakeholders re-do the roadmap and re prioritize features so that the team can finish on time.

How would the team finish on time if they have fewer people even if the roadmap is revised? The answer implies that by re- doing the road map, the stakeholders would be reducing the number of features. But I don't know that is really what they are saying.....

How would I know what is the right answer to pick?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login