fbpx

Reply: Effects of PMBOK version 7 on PMP Exam and Prepcast Simulator

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Effects of PMBOK version 7 on PMP Exam and Prepcast Simulator

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 2 weeks ago #26675

Cornelius Fichtner

Let's assume that PMI actually releases the PMBOK Guide later this month (which I highly doubt), then it will take them at least 3-4 months to write new questions and add them to the actual exam. In the past 10 years (going from 4 to 5, then from 5 to 6) it has taken them 6 months to complete the process.

So unless you postpone your exam until August, you do not need to worry about PMBOK 7.
3 years 2 weeks ago #26674

PMP Aspirant

Thanks for your response Cornelius!

In the PDF document that you have referenced, bullet point #6 says:
When will the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification exam be updated to incorporate the concepts from the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition?
PMP® exam items are updated throughout the year as part of our continuous improvement and examination maintenance process. Once the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition is released, it will
replace the Sixth Edition as reference to validate the content.

It seems like PMI is stating that the PMP exam will change to reference the contents of the Seventh edition. What are your thoughts in this statement?
3 years 2 weeks ago #26673

Cornelius Fichtner

Please review this official FAQ from PMI about the effects that PMBOK 7 will have:

www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...faqs-30-oct-2020.pdf

In a nutshell, PMI is stating that the 7th edition will result in NO major and immediate changes to the exam. For you, this means, do not worry about it and take your exam in early April without any concern.
3 years 2 weeks ago #26671

PMP Aspirant

Hello folks,
With PMBOK 7th version coming out on March 31st, 2021 I am wondering about the following:
- How will it impact the questions in PMP exam and the simulator since they are currently based on PMBOK 6th version?
- Will PMI give a deadline before they update the exam to be based on the PMBOK 7th version?
- Will the exam still be based on the current ECO or the ECO will also be updated?
- If the questions in the Prepcast simulator will be updated (to conform to PMBOK 7th version), then when can we expect those changes to reflect in quizzes/mock exams?

I am planning to take the exam in early April and I am worried that my exam preparations might be impacted with the new PMBOK releasing on March 31st. Any input will be appreciated!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login