fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Elyse E.

Elyse E. 3 years 1 month ago #26622

• Experience help for PMP application
  • Experience help for PMP application's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have a few questions regarding submitting experience for the PMP application.

1. I spend 20 months as a Proposal Project manager working on approx. 10 proposals during that time. I performed the same tasks per phase for each proposal. Could I list the 20 months as one project? Or would I need to list each proposal project separately with their specific dates? See summary write up below.

Goal: Develop pursuit documents which include a winning solution to provide services for an external client, leading to a long-term relationship and continued client satisfaction
IN: Led go/no go process with key internal stakeholders; Developed draft project charter for stakeholders to review
PL: Organized proposal team and developed RAM; Defined the RFP response template with boilerplate text based on RFP requirements and quality standards set; Developed proposal response plan, schedule and budget; Led kickoff meeting providing overview of opportunity, response schedule and assignments
EX: Managed project resources and developed required outputs according to RAM
MC: Led status meetings, progress reporting, obtaining additional support, and handled any escalations as needed; Drove any required approved changes
CL: Led coordination of packaging and distributing the proposal; Archived all documents according to security standards; Conducted debrief to review status and lessons learned
Outcome: Delivered RFP response to client with a solution that matched the scope of services requested on time and on budget

2. I worked as a project manager on a program pilot to produce a plan to be rolled out nationwide. See write up below. I planned to submit as an Agile project. Considering the summary, would PMI count this as a project?

Goal: Plan and test a educational program at the regional level, improving along the way, to deliver a program plan to the Internal client to launch across all regions in the United States

IN: Conducted stakeholder analysis; Defined project objectives and outcomes; Secured resources
PL: Clearly defined project scope; Developed project plan –, schedule, budget, quality, communications;
EX: Led kickoff meeting and all status meetings; Led review meetings to obtain feedback and make updates during next sprint
MC: Managed scope, schedule, costs, stakeholders and project team; Distributed status reports and change updates
CL: Confirmed finalization of program plan to be delivered to internal stakeholders; Conduct team debrief to discuss lessons learned; Archive all project information according to company standards
Outcome: A complete program plan was delivered to internal stakeholders to implement program at a larger scale to use across the United States.

Thank you in advance for any assistance provided.

Elyse E. 3 years 1 month ago #26623

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Elyse,

None of us here on the Forum can speak for PMI, so we cannot say if PMI would accept or reject the experience. That being said, it appears as though each write-up would be OK. With respect to the Proposal Project Manager, you could go either way, but I would do it as a 20-month block.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login