fbpx

Reply: PMP Application Work Experience and Reporting Hours

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Application Work Experience and Reporting Hours

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 weeks ago #26563

Becky

's Avatar

Elizabeth, this is super helpful information - thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your response and tips.
3 years 3 weeks ago #26561

Elizabeth Harrin

If you meet the requirement and you can see that the system is telling you that you have, then you won't get "extra credit" for additional projects. The only reason I can think of for entering other projects would be if the projects you have already listed don't cover enough of the project management knowledge areas etc to enable you to evidence the breadth of your experience. The PMI helpdesk is normally quite helpful, so you could always get on a web chat with them and double check.
3 years 3 weeks ago #26555

Becky

's Avatar

Thank you for your quick response Elizabeth. Is it recommended that one enters enough work experience examples only to complete the number of months requirement or include additional experience to total the number of required hours? I have met both requirements, I just want to make sure I am completing the application correctly to PMI's standards. So for example, even though I've entered only a half dozen experiences, I have met the 36 month requirement. However, I worked on several other projects during that time as well. Do I enter all projects worked on during that time as well?
Thank you so much for your assistance with this. It is greatly appreciated.
3 years 3 weeks ago #26553

Elizabeth Harrin

That's right - you have to enter months of experience. They will calculate the relevant hours based on that. Go ahead and enter your project dates based on the months you did the work.
3 years 3 weeks ago #26547

Becky

's Avatar

For the exam application, do we still need to report our PMP work experience hours? I am only seeing months, with a total of the number of months you've entered, and then you can continue on. Am I missing something in the application?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login