fbpx

Reply: First Attempt-Passed on Friday - AMA!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : First Attempt-Passed on Friday - AMA!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 weeks ago #26520

Markus Kopko

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Thanks for sharing your success and experience with the community; highly appreciated!

All the best for your career as a PMP.

Regards,
Markus
3 years 1 month ago #26495

PMP Aspirant

Hi Rich,
Congratulations on passing the new PMP exam. Can you please confirm if you read PMBOK and/or any other PMP book/training material as part of your preparation for the exam OR Did you just take multiple sets of 10 question quizzes, read their explanation and appeared for the exam?
Can you also please share your scores if you don't mind?
Once again, congrats !
3 years 1 month ago #26451

Stan Po - Admin

Rich,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
3 years 1 month ago #26434

Khatereh Azarhoush

Congratulations!!! Great tips. It's great peace of mind to know that what we study is a good tool to take us through the exam. I pray that I can post the same message on March 1st (my exam date).

Best,

Khatereh
3 years 1 month ago #26433

Rich Olson

Like the title says, passed on my first attempt friday morning. From reading many posts on Reddit/ Prepcast, I truly did not put in the "in-depth" time much like many of the users have done on these two forums.

My timeline:
Last Feb took a 4 day in person class
Throughout 2020, I kept pushing off the test and couldnt focus. Barely studied, couldnt really grasp a solid studying platform to follow.
December 2020, I saw the test was changing and tried to cram to pass the "old version"

Jan 2021: Kept reading the forums and told myself "ok I should just buy this damn Prep Simulator and see what's all about"
Jan 2021 -Feb 18, 2021 - ONLY thing I did, I would just do sets of "10 question quizes" on Prep Simulator. Last two weeks before test, I only started to do sets of "20 questions" at a time....

I did not once do a full test (I honestly couldn't get myself to sit and do it lol).... The Simulator really incorporates AGILE! Its the only way I "studied" for agile, just by doing the questions...

For me, just doing short sets was MY BEST way to grasp the material.

The 2021 Test

- No math
- Did not have an ITTO question (hell I would just generally guess for the quizzes ... TBH)
- Agile Heavy.
- Many vague questions... So vague I would just pick the best and hope.
- Many straight forward questions too for traditional approach
- Many hybrid

Let me know if you guys have additional questions you want to pick my brain.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login