fbpx

Reply: YAY!! Passed My PMP 2021 exam in 1st attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : YAY!! Passed My PMP 2021 exam in 1st attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 2 months ago #26188

Duon Martin

Thanks for the feedback RP! This is very helpful. I'm part of a study group that we started on this forum and we are currently working to an 12 week plan. I'm sure they will see this as well and we may discuss some of your suggestions in our virtual meeting tomorrow.
3 years 2 months ago #26187

Emily Rivera, PMP

Congrats, RP! Well done!
3 years 2 months ago #26186

RP

Duon Martin,

I haven't followed Agile practice guide. but I have played role of Scrum Master and experience with Scrum of scrums process as part of my work so that really helped me in this context.

1. PMBOK reading gives to high level understanding of concepts.
2. practice as many short timed quizzes as possible this helps not only time management but also thorough understanding of concepts. Give second time reading of PMbok or any source that you are following
3. I will not panic even if I score less than 60% in quizzes . it is TOTALLY OK . Re- iterate" this is not academic exam and I will not get same questions anyway in exam. but i will analyze , identify and improve."
4. Always review both right and wrong answers improve understanding of concept.
5. while reading questions keep in mind - try to identify key words - some times might need to rephrase to get correct context. below are few questions to keep in mind
a) if it is Hybrid, predictive or Agile? -
b) which phase? - CCB needed or not?
c) is it a risk? - Is it known or unknown or resolved, Does risk response changed scope, schedule or cost? Is it external or internal risk?
d) Role based - what role? what is role scope ? Can make decisions/actions? where team located?
e) whom we are talking to - internal or external stakeholder? is this right information ? where they located?
f) PM - try to resolve conflict, if rules are broken - action will be taken
6) pracctice Process and ITTOs.
7) Day before exam i will only review my notes and donot try to learn any new stuff or do practice exam rather i will review my previous exam questions.
8) Put 200% in your effort, donot think about result, read the lessons learned from peer only to make the strategy that best work for you and NOT to make you nervous.

BE RELAX, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF( If you do. so your team ), ALL THE BEST!!

Thanks,
RP
3 years 2 months ago #26184

Duon Martin

RP,
Congrats! I have the PMBOK 6th Edition, Udemy , and the Agile Practice guy. Can you share some tips on what I should focus on to prepare for the Agile questions on the PMP Exam? Did you utilize the Agile practice guide, or did you rely on the information from the PMBOK 6th edition and Udemy to prepare for the exam?
3 years 2 months ago #26175

Stan Po - Admin

Dear RP,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
3 years 2 months ago #26174

RP

I have passed my PMP exam in first attempt on Jan 14 .

21 days of preparation- PMBOK 6 edition, Prepcast 2021 simulator exams, udemy, Certchamp 200 question day before exam and online study for understanding concepts ,theories and models helped me to get thru exam.

The exam is divided into 3 parts people , process and domain. each with 60 questions followed by a 10 min break.
People domain , questions are very lengthy and time consuming and most of the times a second time reading is MUST to understand correctly. some questions are even lengthier than the longest questions in prepcast i have prepared. its took 110 minutes for first 60 questions and leaving me just 120 minutes for 120 questions in other 2 domains. process and business area questions are less difficult when compared to people domain and i was able to read and answer all questions without skipping but it is like a race against time.

I recommend practicing multiple timed exams and full length exams in prepcast as the reading questions help you to train yourself to read questions faster while understanding the context of the question.

The key to success is after good preparation fast reading capability combined with ability to understand the context, clear understanding of roles of SM, PM, Product owner, Sponsor and team member

WISH YOU ALL ..BEST OF LUCK!!

Thanks,
RP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login