fbpx

Reply: I Passed the 2020 exam on 16th December

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I Passed the 2020 exam on 16th December

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25910

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations, Kamran! Thanks for coming back and sharing your experiences and tips - sleep is really important for me too!

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
3 years 3 months ago #25837

Kamran Amini

I'm happy to announce that I passed the exam, and i'm now a PMP.
2AT, 3 Ts
Overall exam was tough. I did not use calculator at all.
2 Critical Path Method questions (not hard)
PMP exam is also very much an endurance, self control and time management test.
I'm very happy I passed it, at some stage (twice, 75% or so during each component of exam), I thought I may not be able to answer all questions, but I quickly picked up pace and answered all questions.
Towards last 20-30 questions I had to be very fast, I also had to guess 2-5 as I was running out of time towards the end; and as I was getting stressed toward last hurdle, I found myself reading 2, 3 times, and still not getting it, this is due to fatigue.
Don NOT attempt to memorize ITTOs, no need, only try to understand why an Input/tool/output is used for a process. You don't have to know all by heart, it is impossible!
Also even if one could memorize ITTOs, but if she/he did not understand them and not understand the process flow, then she/he will fail for sure.

I didn't study much on two days before exam, only very light revision of 1-2 hrs/day on last 2 day.

Also get a good night sleep prior night.
My exam was @ 10:30 in the morning, Night before I was in bed for 9 hours, but only could sleep for 3 (as I was anxious), if that happens to you, do what I did, get some energy drink in the morning.
Wishing all you PMP aspirants, all the very best and Happy New Year.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login