fbpx

Reply: Failed PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 2 months ago #26153

Anonymous

's Avatar

What was different second time round?
I failed on dec 28 and am trying to figure out my gaps before redoing exam.
3 years 2 months ago #26104

Anahita Aslani

thanks for your help
3 years 2 months ago #26103

Harry Elston

Anahita:

The 2021 exam is still based on PMBOK 6, so all of processes and knowledge groups will be the same. While PMI has stated that there will be more Agile-related questions on the 2021 exam, I have not seen too many reviews on the Forum boards with respect tot he next exam and new format.

Take a look at PMI's information on the new exam format. It looks like the text is much more interactive now, with questions like arranging processes, multiple answers and the old-style pick the right answer.

Good luck.

Harry
3 years 2 months ago #26101

Anahita Aslani

Congrats Ashley. How did you feel about the new exam?
unfortunately I failed my first attempt in December.
I am now looking to prepare for the new exam. but i am a little confuse about the reference. could you please guide me,
the agile chapter was added to the exam? and the test was half and half? or just the format of the test was changed?
if the agile chapter was added which reference did you use it?
i am so sorry to ask many question,
really appreciate for your help
3 years 2 months ago #26100

Anahita Aslani

Hi, unfortunately I failed my first attempt in December.
I am now looking to prepare for the new exam. but i am a little confuse about the reference. could you please guide me in my next step towards achieving my PMP
1. Should I just continue reading PMBOK guide 6 ? if not what should i use to cover on?
2. which reference can i use for agile chapter that add recently? and are the test half and half?
3. Since the PMBOK 7 is still not released. what is the new exam based on?
Please advise...I am not finding next steps
Regards,
Anahita Aslani
3 years 2 months ago #26099

Duon Martin

Congrats Ashley! I am part of a study group with that we started on this forum. We are meeting virtually every Wednesday evening from 6PM-8PM EST. During our meeting we are taking exams questions as an group starting with the Integration Process group. We are working to an 10 week plan , which will get us through all of the process groups and we are mixing some chapters from the Agile practice guide in there with our studies as well with extreme focus on Scrum as well. Can you share some information on how you prepared for your success to pass the new exam? What resources did you use? Majority of us have the Rita's 9th edition book, PMBOK 6th edition, and the Agile Practice guide. Anything that you can share to help us prepare will be greatly appreciated.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login