fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: CR evaluation

CR evaluation 3 years 3 months ago #25596

• Evaluate before C/R or within?
  • Evaluate before C/R or within?'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,
I am not sure whether PMI philosophy asks the PM to evaluate the impact of C/R before raising it or after? i.e. the PM is part of the CCB, so shall he/she evaluate the impact before raising the C/R or after if it will come from his/her side?
I think If it is not by his/her side, i.e vendors, or stakeholder, it is clear that it will be part of the CCB review .
But if it is by PM, he /she should evaluate the impact (scope/cost/schedule/risk) before raising the request, is not?
Last edit: by Elizabeth Harrin.

CR evaluation 3 years 3 months ago #25626

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Hi, I’ve edited your post subject so your email address is not publicly visible:)
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

CR evaluation 3 years 2 months ago #25644

• Frédéric Rabouin Milot
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
As per RITA pmp exam prep,

1st step is to evaluate the request within its knowledge area. For example, if it's a schedule change, how will it affect the rest of the schedule. At this step you do not evaluate the impact on the ohter areas like cost. You do it later whil assessing the change after creating the change request as explained below.

Once the change is evaluated WITHIN its knowledge area, you create the change request AND perform integrated change control:
1- you assess the change
2- You identify options
3- change rejected approved or deferred
4- update the change log
5- update documents
6- Manage stakeholders (communicating the outcome)
7- Manage the project with the revised documents

Hope this help
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login