fbpx

Reply: What do I need to do before sitting in front of my laptop for the online exam?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : What do I need to do before sitting in front of my laptop for the online exam?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25598

Mohamad Najib

- Photos of myself!? Shoul I take headshots and transfer them on my laptop or keep it on my phone.
They will ask you to submit it by mobile (ID), your face photo will be taken via the laptop, the link will be either sent via SMS or you will enter it manually, instructions of taking the photo will be clear
- Photos of my room!? Should I wait for the proctor to ask for it or should I take it in advance and have them in my phone/laptop
They will ask for 4 sides photo, same as before via mobile. You will have half hour before exam to submit them
- About my IDs, will I show it on the webcam? Do they need pictures ?
Answered before
- What my phone is gonna be used for? Are they gonna call me? Am I gonna text them during the check in ?
SMS and uploading the photos, after that you need to keep it away
- If, for whatever reason, I have a connection drop, need to reconnect to wifi, what is gonna happen? Will I be able to continue doing the test?
I'm not sure, but you will not be able to see the proctor, only chat texting
3 years 3 months ago #25591

Frédéric Rabouin Milot

Hi everyone,

I tried finding answer on both PMI and Pearson VUE websites but was not able to clearly understand.

What I figured out:
- I need a clean desk in a private area
- I need my laptop with a stable connection, a webcam and a microphone
- I need at least two ID documents (passport and driver's license)
- I should keep quiet for the whole duration
- No sound should be heard during the exam
- I need to be visible at all time and look at my screen only

****I already passed the system test on the same setup Ill be doing the test.

What is unclear:
- Photos of myself!? Shoul I take headshots and transfer them on my laptop or keep it on my phone.
- Photos of my room!? Should I wait for the proctor to ask for it or should I take it in advance and have them in my phone/laptop
- About my IDs, will I show it on the webcam? Do they need pictures ?
- What my phone is gonna be used for? Are they gonna call me? Am I gonna text them during the check in ?
- If, for whatever reason, I have a connection drop, need to reconnect to wifi, what is gonna happen? Will I be able to continue doing the test?

Looking forward to your answers,
Thanks in advance for your help

Frédéric

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login