fbpx

Reply: 10 minute mid-exam break

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 10 minute mid-exam break

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 2 months ago #25773

Elena Mekhanoshina

Umair, agree with your suggestion, it just completely mimics my experience as well. Would make total sense!
Btw, congrats on passing the PMP exam on the first attempt!
3 years 3 months ago #25510

SIMON CHANG

10mins is not included in your answering time. It only start counting towards your answering time if you exceed 10 mins.
If you do onsite, an assistant will help you pause the time for break and timer starts.
3 years 3 months ago #25509

Nicole Mueller

Hi there,
The actual exam gives you a 10 minute break but this time is included in your 240 minutes. Not additional. So to best prepare take the break as you already did but keep in mind it reduces your answering time. The break is forced by the system and automatically came up around questions 88/89 for me (and it seems most others on here who mentioned it).

Good luck. :-)
3 years 3 months ago #25483

Umair Tamim

Hello,

I was wondering if there's a possibility of including a 10 minute break midway into your complete simulated exams. I ask because 4 hours of staring at the screen gets exhausting and since (and I'm sure Cornelius would agree) the purpose of the simulator is to simulate the real PMP exam, it'd be nice to have this feature. I've taken 1 exam so far (scored 85.5% ... YAYY!!) but midway I just stood up and took a 10 minute break. I finished 4 minutes ahead of time but had marked 20+ questions; could only review half of them before time ended.

So please do consider adding the 10 minute break after Q100 or 2-hour mark (whichever comes first) for the 2020 version and 2 breaks for the 2021 version. I don't know if you can make those changes in time considering there's a week till 2020 ends (unless you have an excellent change management plan and an efficient CCB) but perhaps consider it for future aspirants. I'm taking mine of 30th! :/

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login