fbpx

Reply: Failed my 1st attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed my 1st attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25508

SIMON CHANG

If i remember correctly, planning is worth 24%. So it is a big weightage in your score. You can focus more on planning questions.
I will put more emphasis on understanding the flow of a project, not just based on exam.
Remember, while there is a framework for knowledge area and generally in order of scope, schedule etc. But in actually fact, things can happen at the same time.
You can find some mindmap linking 49 processes and its group, some even more detail ones will be those with ITTO.
Do a quick write up for the 49 processes, need not fill in everything, just as a guide for project phrase. For example, you will quickly know what is before resources planning, what do you have at schedule stage, when is your WBS ready.
I paid less attention to the exact ITTO but imagine myself what phrase of the project I am in, what documents I have at that phrase.
Most important, is which is the next course of action. Normally, read up a document before involving other people, talk to that affect party or in event of urgent matter, deal with that problem first.
3 years 3 months ago #25471

Lu Bai

Hi, Nikita,
I feel you but don't be discouraged. You know you are almost there! I just want to offer a kindly reminder that you may want to check the available exam slot first. This would impact how you approach the 2nd attempt.

Even if you had to take the next attempt in 2021, it is not the end of the world. I watched some videos introducing the new exam. The new exam content has quite a bit of overlap with the 6th edition. It surely will be very challenging but you won't be restarting from ground zero. Good luck and happy holidays!
3 years 3 months ago #25469

Nikita Dorokhov

Good afternoon folks,

Unfortunately I've failed my 1st attempt, and I feel heartbroken considering this is the end of the year and I have only a bit more than a week to write it again until the new examination takes place.
I have a question for those people who understand Exam Report and how it works as I am still confused about it... I've scored T/NI/T/T/AT and still failed, and don't really understand why, considering I passed all 4 sections
but failed one (the NI was the Planning Section, which I was surprised since I am doing very well on practice exams). Therefore, I have few questions:

1. Can somebody explain how close I was to passing, and approximately how many more answers I should've answered correctly to pass?
2. Any tips how to improve on the 2nd attempt? For my studies I used the following: Rita's textbook, 6th Edition PMBOK and PrepCast Simulator. I did all 7 exams, 1 attempts I was scoring low-to mid 60s, my 2nd ones all in low-mids 80s. And I've noticed the questions on the real exam are more vague, and confusing language wise... Any tips how to prepare better?

Thanks to all your replies in advance!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login