fbpx

Reply: Failed twice, wait for 2021 or try by end of year to succeed??

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed twice, wait for 2021 or try by end of year to succeed??

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #25286

Harry Elston

Kelley:

Check to see what the rules are. Many professional organizations have a 3-strikes rule that says if you fail the exam three times, you will have to completely re-apply and wait a year. I do NOT know what PMI's rules are.

If you only "just missed it" (i.e. a couple of Below Targets and the rest Target or Above Target) then it might be worthwhile to try again. If you had any Needs Improvement scores, that is indicative that there are some gaps that need to be filled and it would be best to see what 2021 brings.

Those are my 2-cents worth.

Harry
3 years 4 months ago #25285

Elizabeth Harrin

I watched Cornelius’ live video on the changing exam and his advice was to wait and that much of what you have already learned will still be needed for the exam. However, if you only just missed it, and you think exam nerves got the better of you on the day, perhaps there’s a case for trying again before he change? What feels right for you?
3 years 4 months ago #25277

Kelley

's Avatar

I have now failed my exam twice. There is only a few days left in 2020 before the new test comes out. What is recommend, attempt to take the exam again before years end, or slide into next year, and prepare for my 3rd time with the new 2021 Test. Please, I am looking for some advice in a very short amount of time. Thank you!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login