fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: What to do with mobile phone after check-in (online exam)?

What to do with mobile phone after check-in (online exam)? 3 years 3 months ago #25189

• Jennifer Stein
  • Jennifer Stein's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Am reviewing the Tips on Taking on OnVue Exam on the PearsonVue website. They seem to contradict themselves on mobile phone use - in the "Tips for taking pictures" section they encourage mobile phone use to take & submit your check-in picks. However, in the "Note that it is recorded" section they say DO NOT use your mobile phone in the test environment.

I'm assuming the pics need to be taken as part of the check-in process - during which you will be in the test environment.

For those who have taken the online proctored exam, which is it? And a related question, any tips for getting the pics from your phone to the OnVue system?

Here's the page with those instructions: home.pearsonvue.com/onvue-tips?ot=collapse483

What to do with mobile phone after check-in (online exam)? 3 years 3 months ago #25235

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi Jennifer,

Your assumption is correct: you will use your smartphone during the check-in process only to take pictures of your workplace and the surrounding environment. I do not remember the exact procedure, but you will get a code on your phone, allowing you to establish a connection with the OnVUE system. As soon as I submitted the pictures, I put my smartphone away.

If you would like to become more familiar with the procedure, I'd recommend you to run a system test at the following link ( home.pearsonvue.com/pmi/onvue ). This includes a test on your computer and the procedure to take pictures of the test environment. I was a bit anxious about it, so I run the test many times before the exam day ;P

I hope this helps,

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator

What to do with mobile phone after check-in (online exam)? 3 years 3 months ago #25237

• Jennifer Stein
  • Jennifer Stein's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Gabriella. I've done 2 tests so far, but don't remember seeing anything in there about the picture procedures. Will take another look.

Taking the exam this Friday AM so, like you, I am trying to get all of my logistical ducks in a row before game day.

What to do with mobile phone after check-in (online exam)? 3 years 3 months ago #25240

• Sharon S
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Can I use my laptop to take a photo instead?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login