fbpx

Reply: Seriously need help for questions about "Bad-Stakeholders"

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Seriously need help for questions about "Bad-Stakeholders"

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25274

Edward Ching

Hi Thiago,
Thank you for your reply. I actually completed the whole module of the stakeholders management in the question bank. However, I found that the questions seems to ask for something more complicated about the "right thing to do" to unreasonable request, so just the stakeholders management questions can't help. I wish some expert like you out there to give me some strategies to handle problems like this. These questions are actually happen so frequent in the exam, almost like 1 or 2 out of 10 ratio.

Here is my more detail elaborated problem set:
1. The deliverables are verified and accepted, but two stakeholders are not happy about the deliverable claiming that the deliverable is lack of the necessary features...
1a. What is the first thing PM to do?
1b. What should have been done to prevent this?
1c. What was missing in certain process?

2. The project is going to end (instead of the word "closing"), two new stakeholders join the project and asking for additional features or requirements...
2a. What the PM should do to handle the request?
2b. What should be updated, choices often involved stakeholder engagement or risk management?

3. [New or Existing] stakeholders are asking for additional features which are not stated in the original requirements...
3a. What the PM should do first?
3b. Which documents the PM should refer to?
3b. What is the best course of actions for the PM?

I am also very confused about this type of questions as the answer usually include:
1. Escalate or inform functional manager/ sponsor/ other stakeholders
2. Talk to the Stakeholders and explain that additional requirement will impact to the project
3. Record that in the issue log
4. Evaluate the impact to the project or submit change request
How should I determine what's the right thing to do according to which situation?

Thank you.
3 years 3 months ago #25270

Thiago França, PMP®

Hi Edward,

It depends on the question's context and answers. I would say that stakeholder unhappiness could indicate that these processes "define stakeholders" or "stakeholders management" were not performed very well.

My recommendation for you is to perform PMP quiz by selecting only questions related to "stakeholder management" in our PM prep cast PMP simulator. After that, read the answers comments carefully during your review.

I wish you great luck in your next attempt.

Regards,

Thiago
3 years 3 months ago #25187

Edward Ching

Hi all,

I failed the exam the first time and the kind of question that comes up a lot which I had difficulties are about "bad-stakeholders". For examples, the stakeholders are not happy at the end even after the deliverable are accepted, or the stakeholders ask for additional features at the end. Or sometimes new stakeholders come in the late stage and adding requirements. Then the exam will ask for what the PM should do first or other actions.

All the answer are very "sensible" such as explain to the stakeholders to get the support, record in issue log, or even escalate... It is just hard to eliminate.

I like to ask the experts and those who passed, what is the strategy to handle this kind of questions? I'm very confused and still can't find the way to resolve questions like this effectively. I did type out my question in a more detail way but this forum system do not allow me to post it.

My second trial is coming up and I really wish someone can help.

Thank you.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login