fbpx

Reply: Cleared my PMP in first Attempt on 12 Dec 2020 with T/AT/AT/AT/T

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Cleared my PMP in first Attempt on 12 Dec 2020 with T/AT/AT/AT/T

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 2 months ago #25929

Elizabeth Harrin

Smita, there is a whiteboard app you can use on the computer.
3 years 3 months ago #25227

Kunjan Shukla

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. Its good know you were able to accomplish your goal despite the hiccups. Good luck!! A job well done!!
3 years 3 months ago #25191

Smita Patil

Do they allow to use paper and pen to solve any formula related questions? If not how do we manage to answer such type of questions while taking the exam online?
3 years 3 months ago #25162

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations, that’s great news. Thanks for sharing your success story with us.
3 years 3 months ago #25131

IKK

Hi,
Finally after 3 years of delay I was able to clear my PMP exam in the first attempt through Online Proctoring method of Exam, from the comfort of my home.
I got a T/AT/AT/AT/T, with an overall AT.

What worked for me, probably might not work for anyone else, but would like to share some details about my preparations (though I feel it would not be relevant post Dec 2020 as the exam pattern is going to change).

With a demanding job and a family with kids, it was really challenging to spend time on preparation. Not to mention that I changed my job earlier this year.
Anyways, I initially spent 2 hours per day with around 4 hours over the weekends with 1 mock test from prepcast.

I felt the tests in prepcast were a bit more challenging as compared to the actual test. I was scoring in 50s, 60s and 70s in my mock test. I did not get a chance to take all the 7 tests, but I did take the timed and learning tests.
On an average I solved around 40 questions per day in the past 2 months.

I primarily used Head First PMP and read cover to cover to get the concepts right. I made my own notes.
Then using my notes, I read through PMBOK 6 and focused on any items that were not covered in Head First PMP.
In the last 2 days, I went through my notes thoroughly and for any items that were still not clear (like Six Sigma) I referred to Rita's.

About the Online proctored exam.
It went smooth with a bit of hiccups in the beginning. The proctor seemed very inexperienced. He asked me to take my laptop in my hand and show a 360 degree view of the room where I was taking the test from. This was in spite of taking the pictures of the room. I made sure there were no papers in the room and no posters on the wall.
When I asked him if I can take a washroom break during the stipulated break time, he said it is not allowed to move away from the camera view during the test.

After 5 minutes of the the scan, he said, he would be releasing the test in few minutes, but in reality he had already released the test and I was on my 6th Question already.

After a few minutes he came back and said he wants to scan the room again....I was annoyed, but entertained him as I didn't want to cause any issues and delays. I lost a minute of time, but it was ok. I told him firmly after the scan if he needed anything else as he was disturbing me. He apologized and allowed me to continue the test.
I got a warning after sometime as I was covering my mouth with my hand, which I have a habit of resting my face on my hand while concentrating. I was asked to remove my hand.

After 90 questions, there was a break. By then I had a different proctor and she allowed me to take a washroom break without any issues.
During this time, though subconsciously I was covering my mouth with my hand, I did not get any warnings.

Technical glitch : At question 160, the next question wouldn't load, I had to wait for almost a minute and the test came back to question 160 and I then onwards there were no issues.

After the test result screen was shown, I got the details exam results after 4 hours. I took the test on a Saturday.

Finally, thanks to prepcast team for the simulator, it really helped me identify my weak points so that I could focus on them.

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login