fbpx

Reply: 10 minute Exam Break Issue

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 10 minute Exam Break Issue

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #24823

Kyle Kilbride, PMP

There's 200 questions on the exam, and it's a 4 hour exam. That means 1 min 12 sec per question including review time. For me my goal was to spend 1 min per question. Some took a little longer, some a little less. This exam will test your ability to time manage on the fly. I was continually checking the clock as I knew I wanted to be done the first part of the exam in less than 100 mins including review time . But I also knew when my "hard stop" was to ensure I had enough time for the remainder of the exam (around 105 mins for me). You can do some rough math to figure out where you'd like to be as well, but just be prepared to adjust as required!
3 years 3 months ago #24811

Roger Christopher Booth

So, If I do a 10 minute brain dump on the first set up questions, I am already behind. When I am prompted for a break and want to review my marked questions, how do I know how much time to spend on them? I don't want to use up all my time not knowing how long it is going to take to finish the second part of the exam. Because you cannot go back to the first exam seems to be a big disadvantage. I would rather make sure I had time to finish the full test and answer all the questions then take the remaining time to review all the marked questions. When I run out of time then it is over. I had rather run out of time reviewing all the answered questions instead of spending too much time on the first section reviewing. The problem is that it now seems like this has been taken away. I will be nervous about spending too much time reviewing the first section not knowing how long it will take me to finish the second section. Am I correct?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login