fbpx

Reply: Test Scores Going in the Wrong Direction

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Test Scores Going in the Wrong Direction

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #24849

Sabrina Dhanjal

Yes!! I agree - I was putting a lot of pressure on passing this exam over the weekend as if my life depended on it. Having the shift in perspective today reminded me that if I pass then fantastic, but if I don't then I will reschedule to write it in 2-3 weeks and that's ok. I also get text anxiety so if you are getting nervous in the mocks I find closing my eyes and taking a few deep breaths really helps.
3 years 3 months ago #24848

Aimee Norman

Thank you for your reply. All the best on your test tomorrow.

I took a look at my incorrect answers and noticed they are lumped together with questions I also Marked as not feeling confidant in my answers. It looks like one of my issues is I'm just getting nervous.
I am going to take some test quiz today as well.

I keep having to remind myself that the worst case scenario is really not that bad.
3 years 3 months ago #24845

Sabrina Dhanjal

Hey Aimee, I am having this exact same problem, but my exam is tomorrow and I've scored 68% to 73.5% on mock exams. It's definitely a confidence blow, especially since I failed a mock exam yesterday. Today I took time to review Initiation & Closing, plus a couple other areas where my scores were lower, and followed that up with practice questions from the Simulator (20-30 for each KA/Process group). This helped quite a bit and I am hoping tomorrow goes well. If not then at least I have a plan of action on how to study & rewrite in a couple of weeks. Hang in there - you're in the home stretch!
3 years 3 months ago #24803

PMP Aspirant

Aimee,
Don't loose hope, you aren't doing bad at all on these exams. I personally believe if you are averaging 75% and above on PM Prepcast mock exams then you will ace the actual PMP exam. A very good friend of
mine passed the PMP exam with his average score in 68% to 70% on mock exams. I wish you the very best, and once again don't loose hope.
3 years 3 months ago #24802

Aimee Norman

Greetings,
I need advice on how to get back on track. My test scores are 78, 83,85, 76,75, 75. I've been going over the ones I've gotten wrong and writing them down, studying them, taking a quiz on the knowledge areas where I've been weak. I don't know why, other than nerves why my scores are lower.
My exam date is 12/7. Do I put it off and keep studying to get more 80's? I'm honestly getting rather run down.
Please help, I'm ready to give up.
Thank you

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login