fbpx

Reply: Am I ready?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Am I ready?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #24790

Harry Elston

Sri,

Only you can determine if you are ready.

While I have never seen the PMI Practice Test, it is my understanding that the test is only 200 questions, as opposed to the Prepcast Simulator bank of over 1600 questions. The difference there is that you are getting only a small taste of how questions are worded for each of the rubric areas of the PMP exam. Clearly, a larger test bank will give you a much more diverse question set while maintaining the proper percentages in each area.

Additionally, the actual score requited to "pass" the exam is a closely guarded secret of PMI. (I have discussed this on the boards in the past). 72% may be low or borderline, but I am making my comparisons with respect to PrepCast Simulator tests where 85%+ is a good indicator of pass/fail for the PMI exam.

My only advice at this point is, if you think you're ready, take it. If not, postpone it, but understand that you're against a hard-wall of Jan 2, 2021 when the exam will dramatically change.

Good luck,

Harry
3 years 3 months ago #24789

Sri

My exam is on the 4th and I am extremely nervous. I took the PMI practice test today and scored 72%.. :( I am losing confidence..Please help!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login