fbpx

Reply: Preparation of PMP exam 2020 vs 2021

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Preparation of PMP exam 2020 vs 2021

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #24913

Alessandro Zorzi

Dear both,

Thank you for your kind explanation and suggestions! I will definitively try to do the online proctored exam before the end of the year.
I don't have enough hands on experience on Agile projects, so it would be better to maximize my current experience and studies in time!

Thanks again,
Alessandro
3 years 3 months ago #24799

PMP Aspirant

Alessandro,
Based on the information that I have gathered regarding the new PMP exam (in 2021):
- The new exam will have 50% questions on predictive project management (waterfall etc.) and 50% questions on adaptive project management (Agile etc.) and hybrid approaches.
- The study that you will do for the current PMP exam (2020) will only be helpful to prepare you for the 50% of the portion of the new exam (2021) which relates to the predictive project management. You will have to study
for the remaining 50% of the questions which would be from adaptive project management (Agile) methodology.

The new exam will be a little harder for you if you haven't work on Agile projects/Hybrid PM methodologies but if you have a good understanding of Hybrid methodology and Agile and its other flavors then the new exam will not be super hard for you.
3 years 4 months ago #24752

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hello,
Based on my brief research on the new exam content, it appears that the new exam will be based on:
- 50% predictive project management (waterfall etc.)
- 50% on Agile project management
If you have hands on experience of working on Agile projects (as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach) it wont be too difficult for you to take the new exam in 2021. The most challenging part right now is that we don't have PMBOK 7th edition available so we can only use PMI's Agile practice guide along with PMBOK 6th edition. Since the new exam will not have ITTOs, I don't know how efficient it would be to read PMBOK 6th version.
If you are planning to take the new exam in 2021, then you would have to study a lot about Agile project management as it will be 50% of the exam. Moreover, in the current PMBOK 6th edition, the Knowledge Areas and process groups aren't going to be in PMBOK 7th edition. My advice to you is that if you are prepared for the exam, then go for it before it changes, otherwise take the exam in 2021.
3 years 4 months ago #24751

Alessandro Zorzi

Dear all, I have a question for you. I took the course and I successfully passed the 35 hours certification. I will try to get the exam done before the end of this year. However, because of the Covid situation and a new job recently started, it might be quite difficult for me to study and prepare it as desired. If I don't manage, could I try it in 2021 (first or new attempts, if needed) with the current knowledge I acquired? Thanks in advance for your kind answer.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login