fbpx

Reply: PMP application

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP application

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24617

PMP Application

's Avatar

Dear Team Members,

I request you to check my application and give your suggestions

Ongoing Project
Writing and Publishing a series of Thought-Provoking Quotes in form of books.
Duration 2 Years (February 2020 to January 2022)
Objective:
To write and independently publishing A Series of Thought-Provoking Quotes Book.
Role:
I am managing the entire project by working as an Author who is writing the series and is taking care of various aspects of book publishing. The project is in 3 phases. For each book, there is one phase.
IN: Developed the project charter by highlighting business case.
PL: Identified all project requirements and defined complete project scope. Prepared WBS which contains activities such as manuscript writing, hiring an editor, appointing a graphic designer, signing a printer and availability of books on sales platforms, preparing material for social media marketing.
EX: Finished writing the 1st part of the series by the end of September (First Phase). Hired an editor and a cover designer for the book series who completed their assigned task.
MC: Close monitoring of schedule, budget and risk.
CL: The first phase of project is over. Prepared lessons learned register from this phase.
Outcome: 1st Part of the series is written and edited. The cover designer has prepared the cover for the series. The project is going as per the schedule.

Project
Writing and Publishing the book entitled, How To Be A Loser.
Duration: July 2018 to January 2020
Objective:
To write and self-publish my second book, ‘How To Be A Loser’ with BlueRose Publishers.
Role:
I have run the whole project by working as an Author and managing the publishing process right from the beginning to end which includes hiring a freelance editor and publishing house.
IN: Defined high level scope
PL: Developed scope, budget, requirements, WBS i.e. to write chapters of manuscripts as per the schedule, to search for the editor and publishing house & project plan. Identified risk by performing SWOT analysis.
EX: Completed writing the manuscript according to plan, developed a team with a free-lance editor and publishing house. Assigned tasks with a timeline, updated schedule and project plan.
MC: Managed change requests, updated change log & project plan. There was a delay in designing of the cover and formatting the manuscript from the publisher’s end.
CL: Collected and archived lessons learned
Outcome: Project delivered by spending less amount than allotted in the budget but with a slight delay in comparison with the deadline.

Project: To achieve Bestseller Status and selling 2000+ copies.
Duration: January 2017 to June 2018
Objective: To make How To Develop A Never Give Up Attitude Bestseller and achieving the milestone of 2000+ copies.
Role: Managed Book Marketing project from beginning till the end.
IN: I evaluated the project feasibility and performed project assessments. I developed Project Charter.
PL: Developed Project Plan and planned Scope, Schedule and Budget for the Project. Identified key risk and response plan.
EX: Acquired and managed project resources. Executed the tasks defined in the project plan.
MC: Monitored Project cost with the help of EVM and schedule.
CL: Documented lessons learned such as to prepare effective graphic posts and targeting the right audience of a specific region or country and archived project artifacts.
Outcome: The book successfully achieved the status of Amazon Bestseller in various categories for both Paperback and Kindle version. More than 2500+ copies have been sold across the globe.  

Project 1 First Book How To Develop A Never Give Up Attitude
Duration October 2015 to December 2016
Objective:
To write and publish the first book entitled, How To Develop A Never Give Up Attitude.
Role:
I self-published the book by managing the entire project with Notion Press Media Pvt Ltd.
IN: Identified important milestones. Documented high-level risk, assumptions and constraints. Identified the interdependencies of the project by communicating with the employee of the publishing house. Developed Project Charter.
PL: Planned the scope of the project by considering time, quality and cost. Collected requirements using interviews.
EX: Executed task designed in the project plan such as writing the chapters of the manuscript, hired the publishing house. Worked closely with the team members to avoid rework.
MC: Ensured the quality standards are met with respect to cover design of the book and fine quality of edited manuscript by verbal communication with the team. Controlled risk by carrying out risk audit and updated the risk register.
CL: Documented and archived the lessons learned.
Outcome: Published the book successfully within the budget and according to timeline.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login