fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PrepCast vs PMP Practice Exam vs Actual PMP Exam

PrepCast vs PMP Practice Exam vs Actual PMP Exam 3 years 4 months ago #24615

• Muhammad Atif Iqbal
  • Muhammad Atif Iqbal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I am constantly scoring 75% to 85% in PrepCast but scored very less 55% in PMP Practice Exam

I believe PMP Practice Exam is different from PrepCast. In PreCast, correct answer clearly standout and you are 100% sure its correct but in PMP Practice Exam there are always at least 2 similar choices that look correct.

I need to know the level of difficulty in Actual PMP Exam. Will it be close to PrepCast or PMP Practice Exam?

Regards,
Atif

PrepCast vs PMP Practice Exam vs Actual PMP Exam 3 years 4 months ago #24635

• Charlie
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I asked the same a few days back, but no reply yet. I am scheduled to sit my exam in 2 hours time and will feedback afterwards.

PrepCast vs PMP Practice Exam vs Actual PMP Exam 3 years 4 months ago #24652

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi Muhammad,

I cannot tell about the PMI Practice Exam, as it was not available at the time I was studying for the PMP exam. In my experience the PMPrepCast Simulator is pretty close to the actual exam, both in the way scenarios are described, and in the wording used. That reassured me a lot when I began the exam.

@Charlie, sorry I missed your question...
Both in this forum and in the Lessons Learned forum you may find more posts sharing experience on the PMI Practice Exam, in comparison with the PMPrepCast Simulator and the real exam.

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rahul Kumar

PrepCast vs PMP Practice Exam vs Actual PMP Exam 3 years 4 months ago #24662

• Kanchana’s Ashok
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Charlie, please share your feedback. Thanks :)

PrepCast vs PMP Practice Exam vs Actual PMP Exam 3 years 4 months ago #24668

• Charlie
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Technical issues at check-in exam is to be rescheduled. :( I pushing to get it redone before year end, of course.

PrepCast vs PMP Practice Exam vs Actual PMP Exam 3 years 4 months ago #24689

• Andrew Payerl
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, I just took the exam yesterday (11/23/2020) and passed Above Target (AT). I took 3 full length practice exams in the Exam Simulator and scored in the low 80s for all.

I felt the actual PMP exam was much more difficult than the ones on the Exam Simulator. In fact, I would even say up to 50% more difficult.

In my experience, the correct answer in Exam Simulator tests were much easier to spot or a least narrow down to 2 for a 50/50 choice. The actual exam would disguise the correct answer and at least two of the other possible answers would be very similar. Very often, the other answers would also be correct (at least I thought so) but not "the most correct".

I will say, however, that the Exam Simulator did an excellent job of preparing me for the "mindset" of how to pass the actual exam. Reading the descriptions and explanations of correct/incorrect answers was extremely beneficial and a key to success. This will help you to obtain a better understanding of what the questions are truly asking you on the actual exam and what to think about when reviewing other possible answer choices.

Hope this helps and good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fazal Wahab
Last edit: by Andrew Payerl.

PrepCast vs PMP Practice Exam vs Actual PMP Exam 3 years 4 months ago #24738

• Praveen Manthina
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
HI,
I took the exam at test center today and felt that actual exam difficulty is similar to Prepcast and simplilearn simulator exams. but wording and way of asking questions is similar to PMI 200 questions. so my advice is to read questions 2 to 3 times and understand what they are asking . and managing time. this is my experience. my friend took exam two days back and he felt actual exam is difficult then simulator so it differ from person to person
I passed with All AT
my Prepcast scores are between 87 to 91 %
My simplilearn scores are between 78% to 90 %
PMI 200 question i scored 70%
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fazal Wahab
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login