fbpx

Reply: Any Suggestion for Online proctoring Test for PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Any Suggestion for Online proctoring Test for PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24645

Charlie

Also, folks, use only computers on which you have admin right. I attempted my exam today with a work laptop and the proctor could not see my camera stream, although I could see myself. Such a bummer, I will need to reschedule and hopefully I will be able to get a slot before year end.
3 years 4 months ago #24618

Thiago França, PMP®

Hi Perpetine,

Let me try to answer your questions below:

Any suggestions for those who have attempted through online proctoring ?? Thiago: Yes, I created some tips list after my exam. Please read "Do you have any tips for the PMP exam day?" below.

- How about the timing management along with the review ? Thiago: Well, it depends on your strategy. If you are using our system to answer PMP questions, you can adapt to the same mindset during exam. But, please remember that your only can revise question two times during the exam.

- As notebook and pen is not allowed, is it easy to do calculations, especially drawing network paths on the Notepad provided? Thiago: Yes, it's easy to use the calculator or to draw anything you need. You can practice it by using the "paint program" of windows and calculator of windows.

- Did anyone face network issue in between ?? Thiago: No, I did not face any issue, but suggest you have a backup source of internet in case of any technical issue happen during your exam.

================================================
Do you have any tips for the PMP exam day?
- Formulas memorization: I have developed a methodology to carry them out, with 100% success. You have to put it on your calendar for an appointment called "Write the Formulas on a Sheet" every two days. When the time comes, you go there and write all the PMBOK formulas you memorized, the ones you forget, open the reference formulas sheet, and learn. As the days go by, you remember everything;
- Be calm;
- Read each question carefully;
- Keep an eye on the race clock and always make an assessment if you are late and how late. If necessary, skip long questions or more difficult ones. You need to work to answer the 200 questions in 4 hours;
- Mark any question you are not sure of for review and come back to it later;
- Use the tools to emphasize the words so that you can highlight the essential points of the question. Use the tool to cross out the answers so you can eliminate the wrong answers and focus on the correct ones and make a well-informed decision;
-Practice the tests with noises from your neighbors, streets, and dogs. In my simulations, everything was silent because I used an earplug (this is allowed in the face-to-face test). However, due to COVID-19, PMI started offering online testing at home, and therefore, we were unable to use anything (since it could be understood as cheating). On the day of the exam at 9 AM, all the noises in the universe happened during my test (neighbors singing, sound cars passing on the street, dogs barking, predators at work ... etc) that deconcentrated me and reduced my performance a little. Or another recommendation is to schedule the PMP exam for silent hours, like 2 AM, 3 AM, 4 AM, for example. It's also important to consider a time when your internet speed is stable, as well as;
-Utilize the four hours you are allotted for the test to double-check your answers.
3 years 4 months ago #24554

Perpetine Dsouza

Im very close to give my exam from home. Any suggestions for those who have attempted through online proctoring ??

- How about the timing management along with the review ?

- As notebook and pen is not allowed, is it easy to do calculations, especially drawing network paths on the Notepad provided?

- Did anyone face network issue in between ??

Suggestions will be of great help.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login