fbpx

Reply: Dekstop for my Online Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Dekstop for my Online Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24523

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Eva,

you are allowed to do that during the preliminary phase. There is a guided procedure, during which you will get a code on your phone that will allow to take pictures and associate them to your check-in procedure on you computer. In order to get familiar with this procedure, I'd recommend to run a system test at this link: home.pearsonvue.com/pmi/onvue . This is very similar to the one you will run on the day of your online exam; it's just a shorter version.
As soon as I completed this phase, submitting pictures of the workspace and ID, I put my phone off and stored in a drawer not accessible from my desk.

Hope this helps,

Gabriella
3 years 4 months ago #24516

Eva Hadley

@Gabriella, in regards to taking pictures and submitting your ID and other documentations, how are we supposed to do that since we are not allowed to bring phones into the room? Could enlighten me a bit here. Do you just capture photos with your webcam I suppose? Thanks!
3 years 4 months ago #24504

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Vishal,

I think it should be fine, as you will be also asked to submit pictures of the workplace and the area around, but please notice that we are not entitled to speak on behalf of PMI or PearsonVUE, so this is just my opinion.
I would recommend to contact PearsonVUE and ask them whether your equipment is fine, given that you cannot move the webcam around easily.

Gabriella
3 years 4 months ago #24465

Vishal Thomas

hi Everyone,

I just want to know if it is a problem to use a desktop with build in Camera for the online PMP exam ? Since prior to the exam they would check the space around the room and I am not able to move my desktop screen since it is heavy.
Below is a link to what my actual Desktop looks like :

www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/hp-pavilion...ALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Please advise me what should i do ?

Regards
Vishal Thomas

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login