fbpx

Reply: Formulas for Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Formulas for Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24563

Ritu Jain

Hi, i had taken a PMP exam prep class earlier this year. I was told that I would not need to know the how to calculate NPV, IRR but should know which is better when comparing them ie is NPV1 better than NPV2, same with IRR. Hope that helps.
3 years 4 months ago #24551

Charlie

My understanding is that IRR, ROI and NPV are not part of PMBOK and we are not requested to know all the details about them. However do keep in mind that the higher the IRR and NPV the better, so if offered a choice you should, in principle, pick the highest value.
3 years 4 months ago #24459

Benoit Fregiste

I took the exam last week and had only one question where a foumular was required. Unfortunately I came up short so here I am putting the work in
3 years 4 months ago #24457

Yoana Ivanova

Hi All,

Currently, I am preparing for the PMP 2020, specifically practicing the formulas that I need for the exam.
I am mainly using the PMPrepCast Exam Simulator, but I do use also some mobile applications. Some of the questions in these apps ask for calculations using NPV, IRR, ROI, etc. formulas. However, I haven't really faced any questions of this sort in the PMPrepCast Simulator till now.
Thus, I wonder if they are needed for the real exam and if I should also spend some time learning them?

I would appreciate any opinion on this topic.

Thanks!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login