fbpx

Reply: Dealing with noise and disruption during exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Dealing with noise and disruption during exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24428

Thiago França, PMP®

Hi Ritu,

I did the PMP online exam last April. Based on the information available, PMI indicated that earplugs are not allowed. I don't know if it is possible for today. You can double-check it by calling PMI (check number here home.pearsonvue.com/pmi/contact ).

If you confirm that earplugs keep not allowed, I recommend you to schedule the exam for a silent period, as you can schedule anytime you want to (24hrs options are available).

Another option is to rent a quiet hotel to do the PMP exam.

I can tell you that I made a mistake; I scheduled my PMP exam for noise periods at home, which was very distracting for me, reducing my concentration power. Please don't make the same mistake that I did.

I hope that my feedback helps you. Please let me know if this information is clear enough for you.

Regards,

Thiago
3 years 4 months ago #24341

Ritu Bedmutha

Thank you Cornelius!
I will be giving my exam online, and my home is close to train tracks. Also the walls are thin and can hear kids screaming in the background.
I gave the mock exam [PM Exam simulator- which is awesome BTW] and was it very distracting due to the noises.

My question is- Can I wear ear plugs for the online exam.?
Or, what is the process to request to be able to wear it?
Thank you!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login