fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Dealing with noise and disruption during exam

Dealing with noise and disruption during exam 3 years 5 months ago #24341

• Ritu Bedmutha
  • Ritu Bedmutha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you Cornelius!
I will be giving my exam online, and my home is close to train tracks. Also the walls are thin and can hear kids screaming in the background.
I gave the mock exam [PM Exam simulator- which is awesome BTW] and was it very distracting due to the noises.

My question is- Can I wear ear plugs for the online exam.?
Or, what is the process to request to be able to wear it?
Thank you!!

Dealing with noise and disruption during exam 3 years 5 months ago #24428

• Thiago França, PMP®
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Hi Ritu,

I did the PMP online exam last April. Based on the information available, PMI indicated that earplugs are not allowed. I don't know if it is possible for today. You can double-check it by calling PMI (check number here home.pearsonvue.com/pmi/contact ).

If you confirm that earplugs keep not allowed, I recommend you to schedule the exam for a silent period, as you can schedule anytime you want to (24hrs options are available).

Another option is to rent a quiet hotel to do the PMP exam.

I can tell you that I made a mistake; I scheduled my PMP exam for noise periods at home, which was very distracting for me, reducing my concentration power. Please don't make the same mistake that I did.

I hope that my feedback helps you. Please let me know if this information is clear enough for you.

Regards,

Thiago
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login