fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP First Try - Above Target

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP First Try - Above Target

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24234

Emily Rivera, PMP

Congrats on passing your PMP exam!
3 years 4 months ago #24220

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Congrats!!! And thanks for sharing your journey!

Gabriella
3 years 4 months ago #24218

Passed PMP First Try - Above Target

's Avatar

I Passed my PMP exam Today with Above Target score. I am working full time, a Mom of 3 kids under 6 years, 1 attending virtual school. Now that I passed the exam, I would like to share my experience so it can be helpful to others.
First of all I would like to Thank Prepcast and this forum as this helped me clear a lot of confusions and provided guidance. Prepcast Exam simulator queries are a lot similar to actual exam though the answers in the actual exam are more confusing than Prepcast.

I studied for 3 months overall, with an average 3 to 4 hours a day. Below are my study materials:
1. PMBOK 6th Edition - Studied 3 times
2. Rita Exam Prep - Studied once, scored 78% to 85% in the chapter end quizzes
3. PMP exam prep - Scordo, 1000 Practice questions, scored between 80% to 86%, first attempt
4. PrepCast Exam Simulator - Attempted 5 full exams (84%, 87%, 90%, 84%, 86% ) and remaining Timed quizzes (Avg. 84%) in the first Attempt
5. Oliver Lehman 200 Questions PDF - 72%
6. Oliver Lehman 100 online questions - 83%
7. Sandra Mitchell (LinkedIn)- Attempted few Quizzes, scoring avg. 90% and didn't continue as I felt they are too easy
8. Free PMP practice exams (4 exams, 50 questions each) - Scored Average 80%
9. Simpli Learn Mock Exam - 83%
10. LinkedIn PMP Practice Exam - 73%
11. OpenPM PMP Practice Exam - 80%
12. Dan Ryan Mock Exam - 75%
13. WhizLabs practice test - 66%
14. Project Management Academy Practice Test - 62%
15. Edwel Labs - 95%
16. PMP Sample exam by PMI - Attempted twice scoring 72% and 80%
17. A few more, free exams available online

I attempted about 5000 questions overall, I think I over prepared which helped me completing my actual exam an hour ahead of time.

I definitely suggest Rita's PMP exam prep & PrepCast Exam simulator. PMBOK is very dry and difficult to follow in first attempt, Rita's book helps in understanding the concepts better. I DIDN't byheart or tried to memorize the ITTOs. I tried to understand the process, how each Tool & Technique works and logical flow of Inputs and Outputs. Most of the questions in exam are situational based and tests your knowledge and experience rather than your memory.

Regarding Online Proctor exam, I didn't face any difficulties, didn't get any notification/message from Proctor even once. The process is pretty straight forward and easy to follow. I completed my exam almost 60mins ahead of time, reviewed all the questions, still had 20 more mins time left.

Be confident, give your time, focus on what you study, attempt as many mock exams as possible. Hope my experience helps you. Please let me know for any details/support/queries.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login