fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on first attempt AT - Online Proctored

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on first attempt AT - Online Proctored

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #24139

Emily Rivera, PMP

Congrats Michael! Thanks for sharing your experience and tips!
3 years 5 months ago #24134

Elizabeth Harrin

@Khasto: There will be no questions in the exam that match the PrepCast word for word. PrepCast questions have been designed match PMI standards, but they are not copies of PMI questions.
3 years 5 months ago #24127

Khasto Lee

's Avatar

Congratulations. Did you see any of the 200 question in the exam that matched the PrepCast Exam word for word?
3 years 5 months ago #24124

Michael M

Hi All,
I recently passed my PMP on first try with Above Target and wanted to share my experience in the hope it assists others.
- Timeframe: I set myself a 12 week target to pass the exam, I achieved it in 10 weeks.
- Study Material: Get yourself some good resources, there are lots out there, I used the following:
1. Online Course: PM Prepcast
a. I didn’t need this for my 35hrs application but needed it to learn the topics.
2. PMBOK Guide – Sixth Edition (A must read I think. I read this once and for reference)
3. PMP Exam Prep – 9th Edition Rita Mulcahy (I read this twice completing all questions)
4. PM PREP Cast Exam Simulators (I took 7 practice exams)
- Before I started studying I spent a couple days reviewing the PMP exam outline and understanding exactly what is required to pass the exam. Read this, understand it. 5 Process Groups and their related tasks.
- I then created a Study Plan over 10-12 weeks that would allow me to get through all the study material.
- I scheduled my exam at the 3 month mark to make sure I had a target to hit.
- I started with the Online Course and in parallel was reading the equivalent chapters for PMBOK Guide and PMP Exam Prep. Taking short quizzes of topics I had studied.
- At the 4 week mark I realised I would be ready sooner (10 weeks) so I scheduled my exam earlier so I had the date ready to go and didn’t want to over study.
- At around the 6 week mark, doing about 4hours a day every day I completed all study material.
- At this point I started on PM Prep practice exams 1-2 a week for 4 weeks and then review the incorrect answers. All up I took 7 practice exams. I was getting between 70% and 80%
- I had originally booked my exam at a Pearson Vue centre but 5 days prior they cancelled it on me due to COVID-19 so I had to rebook online proctored.
o This is a little added pressure but quite manageable if you practice the whiteboard tool. (During my practice exams I used this tool and not paper)
- Exam day, just make sure you have prepared and done the work and all will be ok.
- It’s a long exam make sure you are well rested and mind is clear. I actually found this easier than the PM Prepcast exams, but that was just me on the day.
- When you click end exam and “Congratulations” pops up on the screen, it’s an awesome feeling! so go for it!
- Put in the hard yards and stay focused during every study session and you will be fine.
- Good luck.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login