fbpx

Reply: PgmP vs PMI-ACP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PgmP vs PMI-ACP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #24140

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thanks Michael. I will take a look at those requirements for the ACP. What did you think of the ACP vs the PMP?
3 years 5 months ago #24125

Michael M

Hi Daniel

Just my opinion as I have both PMP and PMI-ACP, these certifications compliment each other as PMI-ACP is all about managing Agile projects.
I see these two certifications (PMP and PMI-ACP) as a stepping stone towards the PgMP as this is managing a program of projects.
You will need more experience managing project before meeting application requirements to apply for the PgMP, so you should be going for
PMI-ACP first.
Again this is just my opinion based on my current roadmap.
Cheers, Michael
3 years 5 months ago #24118

Daniel Kokkos

Thanks for your reply. Good points. It will be great to see some other input from PGMP 's or Scrum master's in the field.
3 years 5 months ago #24117

Daniel Kokkos

Thanks for your reply. Good points. It will be great to see some other input from PGMP 's or Scrum master's in the field.
3 years 5 months ago #24115

Charlie

Hi Daniel,
Based on my experience in the Digital and Technology field I feel that a good extension of the project management certification into the Agile world is the SCRUM Master certification because it cast a different prospective on the delivery method. It is then up to the PM to deploy PM or SCRUM Master tools and techniques as he/she sees fits and, in fact realise the role of Agile Project Manager. I would be curious to explore the PGMP certification, I did the MSP a while back and I was not particularly impressed though, I don't remember learning as much as I learnt by taking the Prince 2 Practicioner or by studying for the PMP.
Carlo
3 years 5 months ago #24106

Daniel Kokkos

Looking forward, I am trying to continue carving my way through learning and growing. We are at a weird time in our lives of course. I hope you are all staying safe and keeping positive. Projects will ramp up in the next year to two years(not that this year hasn't been SUPER busy in tech) I am reflecting on my PMP and trying to think about getting my next certification. What are your thoughts on pursuing the Program Management vs the PMI Agile exam? I know they are wildly different, but what would be the pros and cons about doing one over the other. I feel I have a good grasp on Agile working in the field of technology, and I have made user stories and been a part of sprints and retrospectives among other things. I have been working on projects big and small my whole career. It might be time to start looking at program strategy. I also feel the higher level strategy is something that will allow me to grow into my next role.

What are your thoughts. Do you have a PGMP? What are your thoughts reflecting on achieving this certification? Would you do anything differently?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login