fbpx

Reply: Question on Close Project or Phase

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Question on Close Project or Phase

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #23943

Harry Elston

Micael:

If there is a conflict between the primary reference (PMBOK Guide) and a secondary or derivative reference, (Rita's, HeadFirst or even PrepCast) always follow the primary reference.

Harry
3 years 5 months ago #23940

Micael Dias Miranda

Hi there,

on the exam simulator I came accross one question ralated to what a Project Manager shouldn't do as part of 'close project or phase' process. Among the different possible answers 'closing procurements with vendors' was the correct answer. I obviously answered the question wrong. After reviewing the question, I understood that my decision of not selecting the correct answer was linked to what I had read on Rita's Process Chart. Under the Closing process group on Rita's Process Chart 'Complete final procurement closure' is one of the efforts of a PM. I totally understand that closing procurement with vendors is a task performed under the 'control procurements' process, though from Rita's book it seems that any outstanding procurement can still be closed during the 'Close project or phase' process.

Is there any concensus on this or did I misunderstand Rita's closing guidelines?

Micael

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login