fbpx

Reply: Where can I find specific ECO 2021 study material? Release date postponed again?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Where can I find specific ECO 2021 study material? Release date postponed again?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #23800

Sam

I may need to take a moment to vent here. It does appear that the looming update to the exam is a financially backed decision, forcing authorized educators to go to a "live" training method for what will surely an elevated cost to the students and the educator and for those that want to go "on demand" (aka per-recorded) will have to go through PMI to the tune of $700. I can't help but feel that this change is a bit greedy. But I digress

We are 3 months away from the release of ECO2021 (or is it 2019, or 2020?) and there are no specific study materials that are directly related to the new outline (people, process and business). This leads me to believe that either 1) PMI is behind still or 2) they are with holding new content to please the companies that are willing to pay for it. This gives little incentive for many to begin studying from now until Jan 2 since potential students such as myself, are unaware of best study practices. There is currently a large amount of ambiguity in how to best study for the exam, requiring 3,4,5 (or more) study resources and requiring us to piece it together. And now it is even more complicated with this drastic upcoming change.

Is anyone able to provide an update on when specific study material will be available and where that information is located? I am hesitant to continue on my path of studying (which is quite confusing) if things are only going to change, amplifying my confusion even more

Sam

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login