fbpx

Reply: Best way to understand and learn ITTO

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Best way to understand and learn ITTO

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23786

Adil Amin Khan

Hi Javier,

I agree with Mr. Harry Elston.

Do not try to memorize the Inputs and Outputs. By doing so you may clear the exam, probably if you get direct questions (which is very rare) but your fundamentals would still be weak. PMP exam test you at advance level and check how you apply your knowledge. If you memorize you will fail to judge the situational question and mark wrong answers eventually.

Try to judge the influence of one process over another.

For instance to estimate activity duration what you need to have in your hand before you start?
1. Schedule Manag. Plan : describes the pre defined methods of estimation. accuracy levels
1. Activity list : Obviously you need to have list of activity to estimate the duration of (output of define activity process)
2. Activity attributes : additional data about an activity (leads lags , dependency) which influence the duration
3. Resources breakdown structure: Types of resources available to carry out an activity
4.Resources calendar : availability of resource on a particular period. what if the resource required is not available in time which may influence the duration
5.Risk register: individual risk impacting resource availability

I hope you could relate the above example to other processes

As guided by Mr. Harry just memorize the unique inputs and outputs and ones which are uncommon for example Deliverables as input in Manage Project Knowledge process.

Another example OPA and EEF are inputs to most of the processes but try looking for processes where these two or any one of them are not inputs: Example: EEF is not an input to Close project or Phase. Try to find out more like this

At last be confident on yourself because you cannot retain everything written in PMBOK, nobody could.

I wish you all the luck
3 years 6 months ago #23783

Deepti Bhattacharya

I agree, do not spend too much time in trying to memorize them, understand why they are used and as you practice the simulator questions and other practice tests, your understanding will automatically improve.
In PMBOK at the end they have very nice table which shows, the different Tools & Techniques and where all they are used.
3 years 6 months ago #23776

Harry Elston

Javier,

The good news is that there are not a tremendous number of questions that ask for specific ITTOs. The bad news is that you have to have a good understanding of them as many of the questions infer that knowledge.

Personally, I did not memorize IITOs for each process. Many of the ITTOs overlap with most/all of the processes. Those I just simply learned. Some processes have unique ITTOs and I memorized the unique ITTOs for various processes.

Best,

Harry
3 years 6 months ago #23773

Javier, PMP

Hello! I'll be taking PMP Exam early next month, and am having difficulties understanding and applying ITTO to the questions .. :( I have just completed reading Rita's book and have memorised Rita's process chart and game, but am still getting questions regarding ITTO wrong .... :( very worrying .. Kindly advice how I can master this in a matter of 1 week, thanks!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login