fbpx

Reply: Risk Mgmt: clarification needed

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Risk Mgmt: clarification needed

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #23739

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Deepti,

I agree with you that the risk register would have been a more appropriate option, particularly given the explanation provided. However, keep in mind that in the PMP exam you will have to pick the best (or the least worse, if you will) answer given the options provided. Based on that, I still find option 3 as better than the others.
I tend to look at a mitigation plan as one of the possible risk response strategies, which assumes that the risk has been identified and you are planning a response in case it occurs. Instead, the scenario here clearly mentions that you are in the final stages of the execution, and something occurs. Assume the risk was not previously identified, now that it has occurred it is too late to come up with a mitigation plan.

Hope this helps,

Gabriella
3 years 6 months ago #23648

Deepti Bhattacharya

In teh question in the screenshot attached, I dont get why risk management plan is right option.
If it would have been risk register i would have agreed, but risk wont be listed in the plan isnt it?

i chose option 4 which talked about having a metg with sponsor and authorities and coming up with mitigation plan
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login