fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Need help in defect repair/corrective action understanding

Need help in defect repair/corrective action understanding 3 years 6 months ago #23611

• Deepti Bhattacharya
  • Deepti Bhattacharya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
This seems to be one of my problem area based on my simulator test results.
Can someone help me to learning material on the same, or a set of questions on this to practice

Need help in defect repair/corrective action understanding 3 years 6 months ago #23633

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi Deepti,

I would start from the definitions of the two, as provided in the PMBOK glossary:
  • Corrective action: an intentional activity that realigns the performance of the project work with the project management plan. This implies that that a change is needed because something is not working as it should be; i.e., as planned in the PM plan. So you need to take action (a corrective action) to bring the process back to what was planned.
  • Defect repair: an intentional activity to modify a nonconforming product or product component. Here the focus is on the product or deliverable produced by the project, and a change is needed to correct the error/defect detected.

Hope this helps.

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login