fbpx

Reply: ICC: Flow Query

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : ICC: Flow Query

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23574

Devin

Question #1. The correct philosophy for the PMP exam is to eliminate two wrong or weak answers and determine the best (or least worst) answer from the remaining two (which on the exam is harder than you think).
Let's see if we can find some weaker answers. Let's think about #1: why would discussing this missed requirement need customer approval? I mean they approved the requirement already. So #1 is off the list. #4 seems weak because we don't need a change request to do the work we were supposed to do in the first place! I'd nix #4. Now we are down to #2 and #3.

Let's think logically about these two. Which would I do first? Since I know it's one person for one week, I could run off and look at the schedule and cost. But does that sound reasonable? What about #3? What if I do that first, perhaps it would take two people 2.5 days, or 3 people 1.6 days? You see once I KNOW that I'm efficiently applying resources to get the job done quickly could I then double-check the triple constraint.

Thus #3 becomes the best option. And when you get here, you should feel like you've been on a little story journey. Does this make sense in the context of the answer? Yes, I know that all the other paths feel wrong and I'm on solid ground. Final answer.

Hope this helps.
3 years 6 months ago #23552

Deepti Bhattacharya

Question 1: A Project Manager is preparing for the next milestone release when he realizes that he has missed an important feature in the project requirements plan. If implemented, this feature would take at least one person a week of effort. What should he do to address this?
SELECT THE CORRECT ANSWER

1 Discuss the change with Customer and seek his approval
2 Evaluate the impact of change on triple constraint
3 Look for alternatives to reduce the impact of change
4 Raise a change request to address the change through change control process

I went with option 4, but correct answer is 3. Thoughts please.
How can one deduce from question above, that impact analysis is being done as part of ICC and not the initial analysis?

Question 2:
A project is in the final stage of testing when it receives a major change request from the customer. This would delay the final delivery of the project by 2 weeks. What should the Project Manager do NEXT?
SELECT THE CORRECT ANSWER

1. Create a change request and go through the change management process
2. Evaluate the impact of the change
3. Communicate the implication of the change to the customer
4. Adjust the project management plan and baseline

Similar query to above, shouldn't it be 1? correct answer was 3.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login