fbpx

Reply: PM PrepCast Exam Simulator

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PM PrepCast Exam Simulator

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23569

Mahdi Seify

Dear Harry

Thanks you are right, I'm trying to answer exactly based on what PMI recommend but still I do not know why I do not see any improvement in my score still 70.
the point is I'm not sure ma I right or not but I think keeping 70% for all exams is some kind of improvement because looks exams from 1 to 7 are becoming harder, but could you please let me know as
an experienced guy, is PMP exam as complexity as exam number 6 or less or more? Thanks
3 years 6 months ago #23567

Harry Elston

Mahdi:

Make no mistake - the PMI exam was unlike any professional exam that I have ever taken. I found the questions to be almost exactly the same style and phraseology as the simulator and was very frustrated with my early performance until it finally "clicked" and I started thinking like PMI thinks (at least for the exam!).

That is probably the biggest "hint." Do not answer questions as though you would do it in real life - answer in the manner the PMBOK says it should be done.

Good luck. Hang in there.

Harry
3 years 6 months ago #23566

Mahdi Seify

Thanks Harry
Today I tried exam number 6 but again 70 %. the interesting point is number 6 was so hard for me in compare to 1 to 5,
I do not know in term of complexity, real exam is close to which one? if it is as hard as exam 6, I should confess, looks passing exam is not that much easy for me. :(
3 years 6 months ago #23533

Harry Elston

Mahdi:

Only you can be the judge of your preparedness. Success or failure on the simulator does not guarantee success (or failure ) on the exam. Personally, I was scoring in the 80% range (plus or minus) on full exams before I got sick of doing 4-hours at a pop, then went to quizzes, usually in weaker areas, until it clicked.

In general, however, simulator scores in the low-70s have been correlated with a low pass rate on PMI exam.

Harry
3 years 6 months ago #23523

Mahdi Seify

Thanks so much Kyle

Yes have reviewed my weaker areas but still no that much improvement, just finished 5th exam and again around 70 % ( today my score was 71.5%)
Does it mean I am not ready for exam now? less than 80%
3 years 6 months ago #23493

Kyle Kilbride, PMP

I found the simulator to be representative of the difficulty on the real exam, and possibly a little easier. Nobody can predict how you will do on the exam, but it is generally recommended to be scoring in the 80's to give yourself the best possible chance to pass. Have you been focusing on reviewing your weaker areas? I found it was helpful to look at what areas I was not performing as well in and review my notes and PMBOK in those areas.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login