Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Is Business Analyst experience considered for PMP Exam

Is Business Analyst experience considered for PMP Exam 1 week 23 hours ago #23451

• Sunil Kagalkar
  • Sunil Kagalkar's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum and want your inputs to clear a confusion in my head.
I have 8 years of Business Analyst experience, with experience mostly in below 2 domains/tasks.
1. Execution
2. Monitoring and Control
I have worked on projects which were ongoing and the initial phases like Initiation and Planning were already completed when i joined. So i do not have any experience in these domains. Also i was not part of Closing task.
Do i need to have or show experience in all the domains (Initiation, Planning etc) in my PMP application. Will it suffice if i show experience in above 2 domains only.
Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Is Business Analyst experience considered for PMP Exam 1 week 16 hours ago #23454

• Joe Pang
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 69
Hello Sunil,

According to the PMP Handbook you will need experience managing projects in all 5 domains.
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in Capital Projects and Digital Transformation Projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login