fbpx

Reply: Online PMP exam issue - Help Needed

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Online PMP exam issue - Help Needed

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 3 weeks ago #30315

Harry Elston

Kalpi,

Please check the system requirements with PearsonVue BEFORE you take the exam. Given how PearsonVue has some pretty strict and nearly draconian home requirements, you may be better served taking the exam in a testing center.

Harry
1 year 3 weeks ago #30314

Kapil

's Avatar

Is window 10 pro ok ,I need to buy a laptop ...my TAb is not compatible..I check on vue

Thanks to repli
1 year 7 months ago #29648

Elizabeth Harrin

The technical requirements say Windows 10 is also OK: home.pearsonvue.com/op/OnVUE-technical-requirements
1 year 9 months ago #29502

Adithya

's Avatar

Is it Mandatory to have Windows 11 on my System to take PMP Exam Online?
3 years 6 months ago #23475

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Omar,

I am very sorry you had such a bad experience with the online proctored mode.
Unfortunately, I do not think we are able to help you with the technical check of your system, particularly because we are not related to PMI or PearsonVUE, so even if the test was successful, in the end you still need to get it correctly setup with PearsonVUE in order to launch the Onvue application and start the exam successfully.

Before running the preliminary check on your computer, did you check all the system requirements on the PearsonVUE website? Which operating system do you have on your computer? Did you make sure you did not have any other applications running on your computer when you launched the system check?
Also, I am surprised to hear that the preliminary test you run was different from the one on the day of your exam. When I had my exam, the system check was very similar.

My recommendation is to contact PearsonVUE to discuss your technical issues with them (before rescheduling the exam) so that they can better direct you to set up your system properly and be ready for the exam. Here are some contact information for the PearsonVUE customer service specifically associated with PMI: home.pearsonvue.com/pmi/contact . Due to the long waiting times, I would recommend to contact them by e-mail.

Fingers crossed!

Gabriella
3 years 6 months ago #23449

Online PMP exam issue - Help Needed

's Avatar

Hello All,

I just had a bad experience with the PMP online exam which failed to even get launched twice in two different timings in the same day. I have to take it online now because test centers cancel the appointments.

I did all the check in talking pictures and all that until it came to the page of being recorded waiting for check in to complete and exam to launch/load. No way of communication with anyone as to chat or no one called me at the first time had just to wait there where all of a sudden it says issue occurred don't worry we will schedule free of charge. After waiting hours to reach support got rescheduled same day few hours later same thing happened but this time got call from proctor whom asked to restart laptop and login with the exam code. Did that and reached to same page where stayed waiting for an hour no one ever called back no chat too until failed again.

I did the check test for Onvue but the test wasn't the same process as in exam it was just entering code then the checks for mic,cam and internet , then it goes to launch the test exam direct.

Also in test and actual exam day the Onvue application does something really strange where it says it lost connection and disabled until retrieved although my internet was fine never got disconnected (got high speed internet).

Anyone able to help me check my system and assist to setup + test it well as at this moment its critical for me before scheduling another appointment.

Thank You!
Omar Roushdy

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login