fbpx

Reply: Are Mock test scores a good benchmark to take the test?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Are Mock test scores a good benchmark to take the test?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23453

Felix Kamanga, PMP

Hi Gabriel,

With those scores got with the PrepCast Simulator, you seem to be well prepared.
Even if it is still not a 100% guarantee that you will succeed in the exam, but it is a good indicator of your level of preparation.
Other factors not related to the quality of your preparation may affect your performance while writing your exam, and you need to manage them as well, for example by relaxing and taking a good sleep the day before your exam.
3 years 6 months ago #23437

Gabriel Perez

Hi,

I took my PMP test about a month ago, and did not pass. I scored above target in M&C, Target in Initiating, and bellow target in the other three domains. I thought that I had passed and it was very disappointing.

I then joined the PrepCast, and have taken all the mock tests and scored 74.5% 74% 78.5% 84.5% 79.5% 79% 73.5% and 86.2% on the T & Techniques test.

I did not want to take any quizzes, to avoid having repeat questions and ' trick my score'. I feel that the last test was the hardest, even though I was more prepared.

If I re take the tests, I will probably score a lot higher, since I had reviewed the answers as part of my study. I feel that I know the material, and have also done mock tests from other sources (PMTraining), were I was scoring always above 80 % but I did not feel that the questions were similar to the actual test.

I can keep doing mock tests and reading books literary for ever. Are those scores a good benchmark to pass the test?, else, what other set of paid mock tests do you recommend? Rita's? I have already read her book.

Many thanks for your comments!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login