fbpx

Reply: ITTO's - Remembering when used as Input or updated as Outputs in a given process

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : ITTO's - Remembering when used as Input or updated as Outputs in a given process

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23444

Ernesto Garcia

Devin, Grabiella.

Thank you for the feedback. Based on your feedback I think I'm on the right track. I think that understanding what each ITTO is, their content, and in which process they are created will be sufficient for the exam. I was just wondering if on the actual test they would be many questions getting into the details on when each particular ITTO is used as an input to any processes.

Thanks again for your help and guidance. I very much appreciate it.

Regards,
Ernie
3 years 6 months ago #23432

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Ernesto,

I agree with Devin: as long as you are familiar with the main ITTOs involved in the processes and you get to understand how they are used throughout you should be fine.

The PMPrepCast Simulation #8 helped me a lot gain confidence on this topic, as it focus specifically on that, but in the exam I cannot remember there have been many questions testing explicit knowledge on ITTOs.
Anyway, I also prepared my own flashcards to recap the major ITTOs associated to a given process, but I didn't try to memorise them—as I knew I would have failed. What helped my learning process was to associate which outputs a process derives, and then ask myself: what to I need to get them (ie, inputs I need)? and how do I get from these inputs to those outputs (ie, TTs I need)?

Good luck on your exam!

Gabriella
3 years 6 months ago #23430

Devin

You should just familiarize yourself with the major inputs, major outputs, and unique tools. As you may notice, the tools seems to repeat (decision making, problem solving, data analysis, interpersonal skills, etc). There weren't a lot of rote questions on the exam asking for specific ITTOs. That being said, much of the exam is inferential in nature. You have to infer to the best answer given a scenario. ITTOs serve as a base to understand the general flow of information through the processes.

I just printed out each process chart (see pg. 419, PMBOK). I put these on notecards and did them before bed (process name on the front of the card, chart on back). I simply highlighted the major inputs, outputs, and unique tools.

I like studying the outliers. Do you really need to remember than an activity list and activity attributes are an output of define activities? WIthout even thinking about it, I bet you could assume the milestones are also an output (which they are). Do you need to think about tools used in any estimating process?

Hope this helps.
3 years 6 months ago #23405

Ernesto Garcia

Hi.

I'm in my final 2 weeks of studying for the PMP exam and I'm curious to know how much of the ITTO's do I need to know for the exam. I'm pretty confident with the concept of what each ITTO is and it's content/usage, however, I'm concerned with the amount of questions on the exam related to when a particular ITTO is used as an Input or is updated as an Output on any given process. In this area I'm struggling to find a way that can help me learn them or memorize them for the exam.

Any feedback that anyone has who has already taken the exam on this topic will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ernie

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login