fbpx

Reply: Lesson Learned PMP Exam and some Info

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Lesson Learned PMP Exam and some Info

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23376

Devin

I've seen people pass with your PrepCast scores. That being said, I wanted to score consistently in the high 80's before taking the exam. The actual PMP exam can be the same or MORE challenging than PrepCast depending upon the level of difficulty of the questions you get from the test bank. If you understand fully how to approach the PMP exam questions and you feel that generally you have a good understanding of the processes, high-level inputs and outputs, unique tools, then I would say you are in a "marginal" status to take the exam given those test scores.

I passed on the 1st try with high 80's on my PrepCast full-exams, so I had mastered the following:
1. Exam test-taking time management, PMP answer elimination strategy, trap questions.
2. Could write out the high-level process flow by Knowledge Area.
3. Knew each process MAJOR inputs, outputs and unique tools.
4. Could do CPM problems.
5. Knew the EVM formulas, when/how to apply them, algebra to find missing values.
6. Understood Agile, Predictive philosophies.
7. Understood the various quality management programs (six sigma, JIT, etc.)
8. Had read the PMBOK at least once.
9. Understood controlled and uncontrolled documents, baselines, configuration management.

My general philosophy was to take notes from the PMBOK into an excel spreadsheet (in the form of a question). When I would take a PrepCast exam I would carefully review the test to see why I missed a question (was it in my notes? Did I eliminate two answers but then guessed wrong?). I would then refine or highlight my notes, study, and then take another full-length exam. My scores steadily improved.

Hope this helps you make a decision.
3 years 6 months ago #23374

Kyle Kilbride, PMP

Unfortunately, nobody would be able to predict how you will do on exam day. However, based on your scores you may benefit from additional studying. I'm not sure how much time you would be able to commit between now and your exam date, but I agree that you want your prepcast scores to be around 80% to comfortably take the exam. Focus on your weakest areas, prepcast is great for giving you a break down and focus your studying there.

For ITTOs you do not need to memorize, but it's more around understanding the logic. The exam won't directly ask something like "which of the following is a tool/technique of this process", but you may be able to rule some answers out based on a general understanding of the ITTOs.
3 years 6 months ago #23363

Nu Tun

First time in this forum and not sure this is the right topic to ask .
Would like to ask the advice, I scheduled to my exam on 19 Sept and I started the prepcast exam last weekend. And I didn't do the full exam i just use the 100 Qns with time mode and I am half way of the questions
and completed around 1000 Qns. And My overall first time attempt score is 66%. and constantly getting around 65 to 70% for 1st time attempt .

I think if i want to push my score above to 80% , I may need few more weeks. and most of my weak point is ITTO.
After reading the forum, not sure should i reschedule the exam or just push in this days and sit the exam.

Any advise will be appreciated.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login