Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Does work experience as Scrum Master count towards Project Management experience

Does work experience as Scrum Master count towards Project Management experience 2 months 3 weeks ago #23357

• PMP Aspirant
  • PMP Aspirant's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Folks,

I am completing the PMP application and was wondering if my experience of working as a Scrum Master would count towards Project Management experience requirement of 4500 hours?

Thanks for your help !

Does work experience as Scrum Master count towards Project Management experience 2 months 2 weeks ago #23384

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Thank you received: 82
Hi,

I cannot speak for PMI, so I would say that what matters is your experience in managing projects, regardless of the job title or role you had.
That being said, I would ask this question to PMI: I am sure they will be happy to help you with that. I know that waiting times may be a bit longer via chat or phone, so I would recommend to contact them by e-mail. They typically get back to e-mail requests within a few days.

Hope this helps,

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login