fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Does work experience as Scrum Master count towards Project Management experience

Does work experience as Scrum Master count towards Project Management experience 3 years 6 months ago #23357

• PMP Aspirant
  • PMP Aspirant's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 12
Folks,

I am completing the PMP application and was wondering if my experience of working as a Scrum Master would count towards Project Management experience requirement of 4500 hours?

Thanks for your help !

Does work experience as Scrum Master count towards Project Management experience 3 years 6 months ago #23384

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi,

I cannot speak for PMI, so I would say that what matters is your experience in managing projects, regardless of the job title or role you had.
That being said, I would ask this question to PMI: I am sure they will be happy to help you with that. I know that waiting times may be a bit longer via chat or phone, so I would recommend to contact them by e-mail. They typically get back to e-mail requests within a few days.

Hope this helps,

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login