fbpx

Reply: project vs operations vs product management in a continuous product improvement

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : project vs operations vs product management in a continuous product improvement

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23377

Devin

Big question, but essentially even an mobile app would follow a project and product life cycle even though you are "continually" updating and improving it. Each release, whether a full fledged new version, point release, or bug fix would constitute a phase gate.
3 years 6 months ago #23342

Moayad Alsowayegh

Hello there,

I understand the basics of the difference between the 3 but i'm having trouble with an idea and im gonna describe it with an example.

So, my project is to build a new mobile app that fulfills a certain business opportunity it will follow agile for continuous development to release multiple cycles (introducing new features, fixing bugs......etc).
that means that the project will basically not end because im always improving the product. (projects are temporary and should have an end!)
is this really a project?
or did I miss the definition of the objective of the project?
did I transition to operations? (although operations is for repetitive activities to produce the same product

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login