fbpx

Reply: DATA REPRESENTATION AS A TOOL OF PLAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT PROCESS

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : DATA REPRESENTATION AS A TOOL OF PLAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT PROCESS

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #23343

Hanae MOUFARREH

Thank you Richard
3 years 7 months ago #23338

Richard

's Avatar

Hello,

I have had similar challenge. But it appears since both plan resource management and estimate resources are planning they occur more concurrently than sequentially.

Another surprise is RBS is a tool under plan resource management but it is an output in eating resource.

Note also another type of completely different output under acquire resources.

Project Team Directory. A documented list of project team members, their project roles, and communication information.

I think names in RACI chart can be populated with pre-assignments. Then after you acquire resources the remainder of actual names can be included. At planning stage the role can be listed. But the incumbent person can just be stated as Vacant until you acquire the resource.
3 years 7 months ago #23336

Hanae MOUFARREH

Hello,

I am trying to understand how the Resource Breakdown Structure and RACI chart could be a tool of the "Plan resource management" process

According to the PMBOK page 312, Plan Resource Management is the process of defining how to estimate, acquire, manage, and use team and physical resources.

On page 316, data representation is described as a tool of this process, e.g RACI chart and Resource Breakdown Structure.

Don't we need to estimate activity resources (and maybe acquire resources) first before being able to create these charts, matrices , etc?

Thank you :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login