fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Exam Online or Test Center

PMP Exam Online or Test Center 3 years 7 months ago #23079

• wysiwug07
  • wysiwug07's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am planning to schedule my exam but I can't find availability in test center, the earliest is in 4th week of Oct. I know I have option for online but I am nervous to take exam at home due to fear of technical issues and reading other people posts. If I wait for that long I might forget things. Also my simulator access will expire in beg of Oct.

Please advice what should I do?

Thanks in advance

PMP Exam Online or Test Center 3 years 7 months ago #23083

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Dear Wysiwug,

These are questions that only you can answer. You need to determine what matters most. Taking the exam in October? Taking the exam at a test center? From your note, you effectively have only those two choices. Either choice will require an adjustment on your part. None of us on the boards can help you with that decision.

You mentioned a "fear of forgetting something." That is symptomatic of a bigger issue. The PMI Exam will test your understanding (as opposed to mere "knowledge") of the processes in the PMBOK and how they integrate with each other. If you are to master the exam, you must master a thorough understanding of the integration aspects of the processes and knowledge areas, which may require more study and practice.

Good luck!

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

PMP Exam Online or Test Center 3 years 7 months ago #23098

• Elena Mekhanoshina
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
People pass and fail PMP exams at test centers. People pass and fail PMP exams online. Weigh in the pros and cons of each option and decide which option would give you the best chance to succeed on the first try.

Some questions to ask yourself, that might help:
  • How long have you been studying already? Are you getting burnout because of preparations or not?
  • Have you taken simulator exams already, and if yes, what is your consistent score?
  • How reliable is your Internet connection at home?
  • Are there (noisy) distractions at home?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login